Avoiding Unified Data Models Talkoriginally published August 13th, 2018
Recently at the Dutch PHP Conference (DPC) I gave a talk on architectural boundaries.
I target Laravel developers as an audience and use some Laravel syntax. But the talk is not about Laravel and it doesn’t require any prerequisite knowledge at all.
The talk is purely about architecture.
- Do Androids Dream of Microsoft Excel?
- Practical Techniques to Reduce the Harm of Active Record
- Aggregates for Those Familiar with ActiveRecord
- Simplifying Test Development
- Active Record: How We Got Persistence Perfectly Wrong
- Testing is Part of the Production System
- Card-based Simulation Engine
- Test Code is Application Code
- Testing at Boundaries with Test Doubles and Fixtures
- Adding Real Capabilities to Systems Through Naming
- Some Game Projects
- Avoiding Unified Data Models Talk
- More Relaxed Typing with Dvorak
- Event Sourcery
- What is Domain Modeling
- What is Active Record
- A Talk About Naming Things Talk
- Designing A Model Architecture Talk
- Dev Discussions Podcast
- What is a Repository
- Command Bus
- What is Domain-Driven Design?